This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dircolors and coreutil
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:17:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: dircolors and coreutil
- References: <47CBCE15.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 3 11:08, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> In my ~/.dir_colors, loaded in ~/.bashrc with
> eval "`dircolors -b ~/.dir_colors`,
> I have
> ORPHAN 01;05;37;41 # orphaned syminks
> this should means blinking orphaned syminks (white on red). Instead they
> don't: I have only white on red statically.
> But on SL Linux I observe the blinking too!
> What I am missing?
The Windows console does not support blinking as character property.
Therefore the blinking property is emulated by setting the character
brightness to "bright".
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html