This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Rebase all sometimes solve the grace problem.
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:52:17 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Rebase all sometimes solve the grace problem.
- Reply-to: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
This is just a record.
The grace had not been executed on my cygwin.
The suggestion from Goldschmidt, Yadin Y solved the problem.
I summerised here.
My problem could be seen at
The prescription is the following
Close all cygwin processes and if you have sshd running kill it with kill -9.
Open a cmd command window (not cygwin window). type:cd (...)\cygwin\bin
(default :C;\cygwin\bin but it depends on your install setting.)
Then type: ash you will get a $ prompt.
Wait till you get the $ prompt
It will take a few minutes. (depends on the environments)
After that the close cmd prompt.
Start the X server and from the xterm or proper terminal for X.
Easy + Joy + Powerful = Yahoo! Bookmarks x Toolbar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html