This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to "safely remove hardware" with cygwin ?
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Tom Hall <tlhall at keepandbeararms dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:36:38 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: how to "safely remove hardware" with cygwin ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080228164947.GA6024@LTC-XPL-330>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Tom Hall wrote:
> Is there a cygwin command line utility that will perform the function
> that Windows does when you "safely remove hardware" - like before
> unplugging a USB drive ?
Not in the main distribution, but in the past I got both
http://www.heise.de/ct/03/16/links/208.shtml to work with minor
modifications... I've been meaning to package them, but haven't gotten a
round tuit yet.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary. Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html