This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-40
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:40:57 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-40
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've updated the version of inetutils to 1.3.2-40.
This is a security release. Please update as soon as possible.
Changes related to the previous version 1.3.2-37:
- Fix a security problem in rshd which results in running user scripts
under the SYSTEM account when inetd is sinstalled as service under
the SYSTEM account on Windows 2003, Vista, 2008.
- Fix documentation in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README
to explain better how to install inetd as service.
- Remove logger.exe from the package since it collides with logger.exe
from the util-linux package.
- When updating inetutils, take care that syslogd.exe, inetd.exe and
subsequent processes don't run anymore. Otherwise the update will
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html