Re: Process ends unexpectly

Okay, I will try to identify the "Dodgy application" and I keep you
informed
(because the only application listed I had was Logitech webcam , but
cygwin still crashes after webcam uninstallation & suppression of all
logitech files)

I wonder if it uninstalled fully? It is not unknown for a package to leave a service behind if that same service might be used by other packages from the same manufacturer (for example, norton make many packages such as antivirus, antispam, firewall... they all make use of a shared auto-update service. When you uninstall one, it leaves the autoupdate service installed in case the other packages might be using it). So I suggest it is worth checking in control panel -> administrative tools -> services to see if it still shows the "logitech process monitor" service; that's what causes the actual problem with cygwin. If it is there, you could try stopping and disabling it to see if that fixes cygwin.

cheers,
DaveK
In fact, I never had this Logitech service. But, as I've a Logitech webcam I thought the problem could be linked with it.
I've already searched for any service, files or windows registry entry with "Logitech" name ... unsuccessful.
Moreover, I have the same problem at my office computer, which has'nt any webcam device ^^

Just in case, do you keep your Windows XP up-to-date with automatic updates ?
I experimented some explorer or Visual Studio crashes since the lasts windows XP updates.... perhaps cygwin is also affected....
I'm currently trying to update windows XP in a virtual machine, but it takes time ....

I keep you informed,

MDPI314

Sorry I forgot the mailing list ^^ I was only answering to Dave Korn ....

Just a message to notice that you must be patient for my script & program test to crash .....
Previously I have waited for 1150 loops to see gcc crash. (And "rm" command failed 6 times 'only' ^^)

I'm still installing lot of programs on my virtual machine but the script doesn't want to fail :-(
grrrr I'll find it..........

My new script (with counters) :
#!/bin/sh

ok=0