This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cp.exe chunk size
- From: Brian Ford <Brian dot Ford at FlightSafety dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:19:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: cp.exe chunk size
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, skelker wrote:
> Is there a reason that cp.exe uses 8KB chunk sizes to copy files? This
> behavior leads to very fragmented files, especially when copying large
In addition to what Eric said about posix_fallocate, Cygwin 1.5.25 should
use a 64kb chunk size.
Lead Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained crew...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html