This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either... appreciation from Dave
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:34:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either... appreciation from Dave
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 11:41:56AM -0800, MasterOfSw wrote:
>> >> I am trying to compile a package called "meep" by means of cygwin.
>> >> While running the configure command I get an error as:
>> >> ./configure: line 13: $'r': command not found
>> >Guess #1: Don't use WinZIP (or any other windows GUI program)
>> >.tar.gz files for Cygwin, because they mangle the line ends from LF
>> >Use "tar xvzf meep-0.10.1.tar.gz" in a bash shell instead.
>I run into this exact thing all the time and still forget to NOT use the Windows un-tar utility.
>I don't know why d2u doesn't work though, if it really is just a LF/CRLF problem.
>I can use the Windows tar functions for non-cygwin related items. Just not with cygwin.
You probably just haven't installed/uninstalled enough. After a while Cygwin
just gets tired, gives up, and quietly executes files extracted with winzip.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html