This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either...
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:45:45 -0000
- Subject: RE: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either...
- References: <2A285F0932220E4592008144466035EB01022CB6@ISS-CL-EX-V4.soton.ac.uk> <2A285F0932220E4592008144466035EB01022CB8@ISS-CL-EX-V4.soton.ac.uk>
On 29 November 2007 15:47, asadollahbaik a. (aa306) wrote:
> I am a new user to cygwin and even to unix.
> I am trying to compile a package called "meep" by means of cygwin.
> While running the configure command I get an error as:
> ./configure: line 13: $'r': command not found
Guess #1: Don't use WinZIP (or any other windows GUI program) to unpack
.tar.gz files for Cygwin, because they mangle the line ends from LF to CRLF.
Use "tar xvzf meep-0.10.1.tar.gz" in a bash shell instead.
Guess #2: If it's not that, you may have installed cygwin in textmode, or be
unpacking your tarball on a textmode mountpoint. Please run "cygcheck -srv >
cygcheck.out" in a bash shell, and post the resulting cygcheck.out file - as
an *attachment*, please - to the list.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html