This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin makes shared folders on vista
- From: "Matthew Persico" <matthew dot persico at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:34:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin makes shared folders on vista
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <470FDEB8.CAA832C2@dessent.net> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20071123121651.GQ30894@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Nov 23, 2007 7:16 AM, Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote:
> - Move your Cygwin home directory outside of the C:/Users tree. There's
> no reason to keep the Cygwin home directory in this tree. I'm using
> C:/cygwin/home/corinna and/or C:/home/corinna for years and I haven't
> had any problems due to that.
I'll second that suggestion. Seeing as Cygwin is, techncially, a
"program", it should, at worst, be installed in C:\Program Files. At
best, I put all of my "non windows" stuff (Cygwin, Native built Perl,
native build xemacs, etc) in C:\opt. Then, depending on what I am
doing on a particular box, I rig my Windows home directory to be the
Cygwin home. But, if this thread holds true, we probably shouldn't
even do that anymore on Vista.
Matthew O. Persico
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html