This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin compliation crash when uninstalling the old version of bash
- From: "Ian Puleston" <ian at underpressuredivers dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:19:51 -0800
- Subject: RE: cygwin compliation crash when uninstalling the old version of bash
> So, looks like setup wrote the header and then bombed writing the
> rest of
> the file. Interesting... do you remember setup crashing (in a
> different way) on the/a *previous* run before you first saw this
I just hit the same problem, and the same fix (deleting
/etc/setup/bash.lst.gz) worked for me too. Here is what led to this
1. I had an older version of bash installed, and ran the cygwin setup while
I had a couple of bash window open.
2. Setup reported "file in use, please close and select retry or cancel".
3. I closed the bash windows by right-clicking on the Windows task bar and
selecting close, but by doing it that way I accidentally closed the setup
window too (since it has the same icon and looks the same on the task bar).
4. I reran setup which got to "uninstalling bash" and then crashed.
Hope this helps,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html