This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extended attribute support - xattr.h
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:00:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: Extended attribute support - xattr.h
- References: <BAY129-DS2264D0F79239DB8D26C8ECF740@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 25 16:05, Rob Bosch wrote:
> Are extended attributes supported under cygwin? My development environment
> keeps returning a failure when attempting to use extended attributes in
> rsync when running configure.
No, Cygwin does not support EAs using the (non-standard) functions from
xattr.h. We have code for reading and writing EAs, but it's unused
right now. There's no intention to implement these functions at all,
given the lack of manpower this project suffers.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html