This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: utf-8 and cygwin
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:00:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: utf-8 and cygwin
- References: <200711251046.lAPAkZbO015926@cba1.math.Berkeley.EDU>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 25 02:46, Mariusz Wodzicki wrote:
> I would like to reopen the discussion about utf-8 support in cygwin.
I'd like to close it again. I'm working on converting Cygwin's path
handling to use NT's unicode functions. Given that there's practically
no coding help from anybody, this will take much longer than I thought.
> SIXTEEN months passed since there were some exchanges about it
> on the cygwin mail list.
> The lack of support for filenames with non-Latin1 characters is
> currently the MOST SEVERE LIMITATION of cygwin in my opinion.
Etc, etc. instead of shouting, roll up your sleeves and help.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html