This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "diff" command missing in cygwin distribution ?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:21:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: "diff" command missing in cygwin distribution ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/21/2007, Finof wrote:
Hi, I just installed cygwin 2.573.2.2 directly from internet. Trying to get
my linux-scripts working I repeated the installation a few times (only
changing text-mode to binary-mode and back). Now I'm using test-mode.
2.573.2.2 is the version of 'setup.exe', not any of Cygwin's packages. Each
package has their own version. This is why we recommend *attaching* the
output of 'cygcehck -s -r -v' to problem reports, so we know what versions
of which packages you have installed. See:
We highly recommend working with binary mounts as well.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html