This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot start sshd on cygwin- win xp
- From: "jameshanley39 at yahoo dot co dot uk" <jameshanley39 at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:13:09 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cannot start sshd on cygwin- win xp
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <47266DFE.email@example.com>
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > a selection of all the error message I am getting. Messing around
> > trying to start it. it doesn`t show up on netstat -an. I did
> > install and uninstall a windows port of openssh, I don`T know if
> > that messed things up. But nothing i easily do about that if it
> > did..
> Let's start here: <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
> Other than that, my WAG is that you need to reboot.
prob a win xp problem, would be solved with a win xp repair.
my mistake i was only trying to start it with things like net start
Best tihng to do is just to run it.
That works. I don`t need to install it as a service. Installing it as
a service and starting it, that was where the problem was.
Some article on the net on the LRP site, about running sshd, only
mentioned the "net start sshd" or "cygrunsrv -S sshd" method to start
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html