This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Writes to Samba mount, sort-of
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:43:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Writes to Samba mount, sort-of
- References: <200711182142.lAILgnI26919@mrvideo.vidiot.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
From within a terminal, I run zsh. I have no trouble, via the command line,
creating files on a Samba mount, or transferring files to the Samba mount.
When I try and do the same thing from within a cron job, that starts a zsh
script, I cannot create or copy files to a Samba mount.
Can anyone think of a reason why this would be so?
Yes and we even have an FAQ about it. See:
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html