Re: Why do file permissions change after editing a file with vim?

Ross Jordan wrote:
When I modify files with cygwin's vim, they become inaccessible. It seems the
permissions are getting changed when I save the file. Any idea why this is
happening? This does not happen from a bash shell, only when I directly
launch vim from a windows cmd.exe window. See below.

The same steps on XP don't show the same problem. Can't test Vista here.

Does setting 'nontsec' in your CYGWIN environment variable (and stopping all
Cygwin processes)?

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

Holliston, MA 01746