This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: from address of cron emails
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "Rob Siklos" <rrr at siklos dot ca>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:25:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: from address of cron emails
- References: <002601c822e9$ef9edf70$6901a8c0@Clarifica.local>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Siklos" <>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 11:02 AM
Subject: from address of cron emails
| I'm running cron through cygwin, using ssmtp.exe as the sendmail
| replacement. It seems that none of cron's e-mails are getting through,
| because my SMTP server rejects "root (Cron Daemon)" as a valid From address
| in the outgoing e-mail.
| Is there any way of changing this?
Interesting. You are the first to mention this, so there is probably a way.
Have you tried running ssmtp-config and setting FromLineOverride and/or
FYI ssmtp is called with the following command line:
"-FCronDaemon -odi -oem -oi -t". I think ssmtp ignores all of them except possibly -F
Still FYI, exim with the default conf file rewrites to
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Cron Daemon)
If you find a solution, please let us know.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html