Re: from address of cron emails

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Siklos" <>
To: <cygwin>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 11:02 AM
Subject: from address of cron emails

| Hi,
|
| I'm running cron through cygwin, using ssmtp.exe as the sendmail
| replacement.  It seems that none of cron's e-mails are getting through,
| because my SMTP server rejects "root (Cron Daemon)" as a valid From address
| in the outgoing e-mail.
|
| Is there any way of changing this?

Interesting. You are the first to mention this, so there is probably a way.
Have you tried running ssmtp-config and setting FromLineOverride and/or
rewriteDomain?
FYI ssmtp is called with the following command line:
"-FCronDaemon -odi -oem -oi -t". I think ssmtp ignores all of them except possibly -F
Still FYI, exim with the default conf file rewrites to
From: root@the.local.domain (Cron Daemon)

If you find a solution, please let us know.

Pierre