This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin compliation crash when uninstalling the old version of bash
- From: Mario Frasca <mfrasca at zonnet dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:47:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cygwin compliation crash when uninstalling the old version of bash
- References: <46C84EC9.email@example.com> <46C85B19.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46C8B178.email@example.com> <46C98413.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070907072249.GA12074@croese.home.bogus>
William Crosmun wrote:
Mario - I've had the same problem for some time now. I finally determined to
track it down. I'll spare you the details, but I found that the file /etc/setup
/bash.lst.gz was corrupted. Using Windows Explorer, I could open the .gz file,
but I got an error opening the contained the .lst file contained therein. I
deleted /etc/setup/bash.lst.gz and was able to upgrade bash successfully.
Maybe this will work for you.
indeed it worked for me too.
...@Nens-LT-41:~/Bureaublad$ tar tvzf /etc/setup/bash.lst.gz
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
...@Nens-LT-41:~/Bureaublad$ rm !$
after this I could run Setup.exe without problems.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html