This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot access files and directories created in CYGWIN through WINDOWS explorer
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:09:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cannot access files and directories created in CYGWIN through WINDOWS explorer
- References: <CA803441152AAE40935609509953BAD2EABD61@s0-ott-x4.nrn.nrcan.gc.ca>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Duffy, Garret wrote:
Files and directories I've created within the Cygwin environment are not
visible by any software that uses Windows Explorer to access the files.
Sounds to me like your files/directories are being created with the Windows
hidden attribute set and that you haven't configured Explorer to show you
these files/directories regardless. Try
'attrib -H <invisible file/directory>' and see if that works.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html