RE: Webdav batch file transfer: curl, wget

curl --user NAME:PASSWORD

> https://webdavserver.com/folder/{fileAA,fileBB,fileCC,fileDD,fileEE,}.

> xt

> >> ... I forgot to mention: In contrast to
A)1) with curl you can

> >> ommit the ":PASSWORD" in the
script. The curl then nicely asks for

> >> it at runtime.

> > I don't know about getting rid of the five -O's
(have you tried it

> with

> > just one to see whether that does what you
want?),

> Yes, I tried: with one "-O" just the first
"fileAA.txt" will be

> written to local file ("fileAA.txt"),
while the other files will be

> printed to the standard output (console).

>  > but you
could shorten

> > the command line a bit using

> > https://webdavserver.com/folder/file{AA,BB,CC,DD,EE}.txt

Try quoting the URL.
curl --user NAME:PASSWORD "https://webdavserver.com/folder/file{AA,BB,CC,DD,EE}.txt";
-O

If you are using bash, it is splitting the file names
into 5 separate names on the command line before curl gets them.

Then a single -O should work fine.

Regards,

Jeff