RE: [ipc] semtimedop undeclared

On 28 August 2007 14:28, Mehdi Rabah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile a linux project with cygwin. There is a file
> which use IPC and include all the necessary files
>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/ipc.h>
> #include <sys/shm.h>
> #include <sys/sem.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
>

> but still, I have this error at compile time:
>
> error: `semtimedop' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> what can I do about this ?

  Cygwin doesn't currently implement semtimedop, so your choices are 1) patch the
cygwin source and implement it in the dll 2) change your linux project to not use
it 3) implement it in your linux project as a wrapper around semop, possibly
using a SIGALARM or other timer to trigger the timeout...

    cheers,
      DaveK