RE: Cygcrypt-0.dll ad-aware trojan alert

On 21 August 2007 19:58, PTBluster wrote:

> Dave, Greg:
> Thanks for checking. Also IROffer/cygcrypt-0.dll trogan was not detected by
> my scans with Spybot or AVG.
> The strange thing is that IROffer seems to be a ligit trogan and has been
> part of Ad-aware's defs since at least mid 2006. Perhaps a recent update is
> causing the problem; it wasn't there 14 days ago.

  It's undoubtedly a result of an update.  The dll hasn't changed, the .def file
has, I leave the logic as an exercise for the reader!  It's quite possible they
changed their detect signature for IROffer in order to avoid some other false
positive or collision, and accidentally ran straight into another one.  So it
goes.  NBD!

> If either of you haven't filled out a bug report, I can.

  Already done: see
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s=f26f6deb442793a1969295d17d0493de&showt
opic=12074

    cheers,