This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:53:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <BB5F440A83314D5F80CDE9C354DF6880@FAMILYROOM>
Michael Grand wrote:
> René Berber wrote:
>> Oops! I forgot something I did to make imap work, exim and uw-imap have
>> different definitions of the mail spool so I did a hard link between
>> and /var/mail/spool. That probably is what the error "The network
>> path was not
>> found" meant, imapd could not find /var/mail.
> I don't know exactly what you mean by a "hard link", but /var/mail
> exists already. I created /var/mail/spool but that did not fix the
They have to be the same directory, thus the hardlink (man ln):
ln /var/mail/spool /var/mail
of course this has to be done after you delete the directory you created.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html