This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gd-2.0.35-1/libgd2-2.0.35-1/libgd-devel-2.0.35-1
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:05:06 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gd-2.0.35-1/libgd2-2.0.35-1/libgd-devel-2.0.35-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
A new version of 'gd/libgd2/libgd-devel' has been uploaded to a server near you.
A graphics library for fast image creation.
* Update to latest upstream release.
This release introduces a number of bug and security fixes. Upgrading is strongly recommended.
The security related fixes include:
* Possible infinite loop in the PNG reader
* Possible integer overflow in gdImageCreateTrueColor
* Possible crash in gdImageCreateXbm
* Numerous flaws in the GIF reader
The most notable fixes are:
* GIF reader is now thread safe
* GIF reader uses the local frame dimension whenever it's possible
* gdImageAALine drawn axis ligned lines two pixels wide
Build script for VMS has been added.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'Libs' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
These mirrors already got the package, the others will probably have
the latest version of this package fairly soon:
In the US
has reliable high bandwidth connections.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html