This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Git error on Cygwin
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cloud dot of dot andor at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 06:25:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: Git error on Cygwin
- References: <46AE1D67.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46AF263A.email@example.com> <46AF483D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46AFD107.email@example.com> <46B1A9DE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Claudio Scordino on 8/2/2007 3:54 AM:
>>>>> fatal error - could not load shell32, Win32 error 487
> Ok, I've posted an email to cygwin-apps describing this issue.
Wasn't necessary. This list was already the correct list to be posting to.
> I put the info also here,
Nothing jumps out at me; you don't have any installation problems, and you
are using XP Pro (I use XP home). Hmm, I wonder if you need to do a
rebaseall? You already have it installed, so exit all cygwin processes,
use Windows cmd.com to start an instance of c:\cygwin\bin\ash, and from
there, execute '/bin/rebaseall'. (And I found those instructions by
looking at the first hit for a google on 'win32 error 487').
Beyond that, I am running out of ideas. I'm not seeing any evidence of
PATH being altered incorrectly, or of too many arguments or environment
variables such that truncation occurs when invoking git-read-tree. Does
the error always occur with the same output, or does it fail at different
Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html