This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Al Slater" <al dot slater at scluk dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:44:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: links
- References: <20070731213343.3444@blackhawk> <20070731125915.GA21952@calimero.vinschen.de> <20070802172219.1708@blackhawk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote: You probably
> removed the R/O attribute from the .lnk files. It's
>> essential for shortcats to be recognized as Cygwin symlinks. Try
>> something along the lines of
> What is the "R/O" attribute.
It is the windows Read Only attribute.
> P.s. should not need all that nonsense below.. And sorry to say
> I am not familiar with this r attribute, except as a
> read(r)permission. Is the group intentionally trying to be obtuse?
You must have removed the R/O attrib yourself at some point, so it
try attrib /? for more info.
Why do you assume that the group is being obtuse because you have a
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html