Re: 1.5.24: incorrect default behavior of dd in popen context on text-mounted filesystem

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 12:39:41PM -0400, Hugh Secker-Walker wrote:
>> >Yes, in my rush to try out the modified dd I did not notice that
>> >cgf had quietly fixed the binary issue in gzip.  So, thank you to
>> >cgf for so quickly fixing the original problem.
>>
>> It wasn't "quietly":
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2007-07/msg00028.html
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-07/msg00615.html
>>
>> You just weren't paying attention.
>
>I had read both of those.  Neither of those, nor the referenced
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-04/msg00680.html or
>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2007-04/msg00041.html
>mentions a fix for text/binary mode of files.  So AFAICT that
>particular issue was quietly fixed.

No, actually, it was a typo in the announcement.  Somehow I managed to
keep a URL from my previous announcement in that message.

I did mention that I was going to update gzip here, however:

Sorry for the confusion.

cgf