Re: Directory Aliasing

LittleTim schrieb:
Problem:  I do a lot of work in a directory with a long path name: C:\very
long path name\My Work

Question: Instead of having to type cd C:\very long path name\My Work
everytime I want to switch to this directory, is there any way to do
aliasing? For example, no matter where I am in the file system, typing cd ~
will take me to my home directory. I've tried to create a symbolic link. Of course the symbolic link is only valid in the directory where the
symbolic link exists, and not from anywhere in the file system.

use cygwin mount (cygwin only) or hardlinks by ln or junction (sysinternals.com)
--
Reini