Re: Decimal float and the Cygwin build of GFortran.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 05:19:28PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
>
> > work. Have things changed with these libraries since last year. This
> > was, BTW, I relative new install of cyqwin. I just copied the gfortran
> > and gcc4 executables over from an older machine. I think this is a
> > cyqwin question.
>
> No, it's not a Cygwin question.  Yes, gcc has changed.  gcc 4.3.x now
> requires/uses gmp and mpfr in all the front ends, whereas previously
> they were only used in the fortran front end in 4.2.x and not at all
> prior to that.

Thanks for this. After installing gmp and mpfr it all works fine.
However I have to say that I think that this is very much a cygwin
question. Knowing what packages to install before doing something is a
cygwin question and I got no sense that I had to do this on the gfortran
site before downloading the tar file of executables for cygwin. The
change from gcc (and friends) 4.2 to 4.3 is not something that is
obvious unless you are really into these things. Thanks for your help
and keep up the good work.

Brian.

--
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."