This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Batch installation, possibly without setup.exe?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:52:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: Batch installation, possibly without setup.exe?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Kastrup wrote:
if I want to install a version of Cygwin without user interaction
(optimally just dropping a bunch of files via unzip), is that
In particular: does setup.exe fiddle with the registry or other files
that can't be just overwritten as a whole?
Obviously, one might want to have PATH adjusted, but apart from that?
Your only supported approach is to use 'setup.exe'. See
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html