This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [bug?] Using apps with advanced UI via SSH
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:44:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: [bug?] Using apps with advanced UI via SSH
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:56:24PM +0200, Rafal Milecki wrote:
>I use "ntsec tty" in both CYGWIN: env variable and ssh configuration.
There's not reason to set either of those in the CYGWIN environment
>When I connect to my system using ssh and execute "edit.com" nothing
>happens. I checked this on two Windows XP. When I connect to this
>same system using RDP, open Cygwin's console and the execute "edit.com"
>- I can see editor.
>So I looks like Cygwin's ssh doesn't support applications with user
>interface. Is this bug?
No. You can't run console-based Windows programs over ssh. edit needs
a real console window to operate and ssh is not that.
As is mentioned later in this thread, use cygwin-aware editors if you
want the best results.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html