This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed
- From: "John Cooper" <john dot cooper at eu dot citrix dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "John Cooper" <john dot cooper at eu dot citrix dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:12:47 +0100
- Subject: Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed
Some files that exist in the C:/WINDOWS/system32 directory are not
listed when running `ls' or `echo' from a cygwin bash or zsh shell.
Examples include mstsc.exe and iisapp.vbs.
These files are both listed when running 'dir' in a Windows cmd prompt -
they also do not seem to be "hidden" according to `attrib' and `dir /a'.
Cygwin `ls' lists 1757 files in this directory whereas cmd's `dir' lists
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm running on Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x64) and appear to have Cygwin
(could that fact that I'm using x64 be contributing to the problem?)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html