Re: Problems with X, fonts, and clipboard module

Robert Neville wrote:
> I am not sure if this is the appropriate group, yet it has been the main resource for cygwin. In
> addition, searching through these gmane newsgroups is not straightforward since Google groups do not
> return them.

Cygwin is not GMANE.  Search the Cygwin email archives from Google by
specifying "cygwin.com" as the domain.  You'll get what you want.

> [...]
> have software firewall.
>
> After reinstalling X and all fonts,  I  mounted the font path and still receive this error.
>
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from li
> st!
>
> The cygwin console appears fully functional. Please give me whatever insight you may have on these
> scenarios. I have already spent two weeks troubleshooting these issues and need better guidance. I
> can read the logs, but I am not familiar with the action necessary.
>

> _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
> (II) XF86Config is not supported
> (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
> winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
> winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 2048 height: 768 depth: 32
> winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp 32
> null screen fn ReparentWindow
> null screen fn RestackWindow
> InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
> InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
> InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
> InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
> winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello
> winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
> MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
> XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in
> the kernel
> (--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
> (--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
> (--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4"
> (--) 5 mouse buttons found
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
> winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
> winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
> winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
> winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
> winInitClipboard ()
> winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
> winClipboardProc - Hello
> DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
> winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
> winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
> winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
> winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
> winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
> winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
> winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped WM_QUIT message, exiting main loop.
> winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.

This is really a Cygwin-X question.  You should send it to the cygwin-xfree
list.  You can also look at the email archives for the Cygwin-X list.
You'll find at least some discussion of this issue.  It does appear that
the problem is with the clipboard.  Make sure you leave it out of your
startup.  Also, reading and following the problem reporting guidelines at
the link below is always a good way to bootstrap a help session:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746