Re: Install problem on XP SP2

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:40:23PM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
>This needs to be done by one of the sourceware admins.  But I suspect
>they already have machinery in place that will do this, as other sources
>folders have it.

We do not have the machinery in place to do an md5sum of everything in
the cygwin release directory and, since that would be a time-consuming
task which, IMO, would be of little benefit, I, personally, don't plan
on using my currently sparse amount of free time to do anything like
this.

>>* the package selection screen is SLOoW!
>
>It used to be a lot slower, as I recall, to select a full install,
>something on the order of a several minute wait.  Now its only a few
>seconds.  Slowness I can tolerate; silently broken installations I cannot.

Wow.  You can't *tolerate* this?  I guess you'd better look into writing
your Congressman or something.

If setup.exe is not downloading everything that it says it is downloading
then it is a setup.exe problem.  If you want to do something about that,
debug setup.exe.

cgf