Re: Varibles not working in do loop...

Andrew Louie brought next idea :
On 4/3/07, Kevin Markle wrote:

There are 2 files related to each client listed in the file
1group_1a_dev_clientlist.out the first grep grabs both files and the
second one get the specific log with the work windows in it:

kmarkle@backup /cygdrive/e/wsus/group_1a_DEV
$ ls -al
total 27992
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 Administrators ????????       0 Apr  2 16:51 .
drwx------+ 6 Administrators ????????       0 Apr  3 10:41 ..
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators ???????? 1284874 Mar 29 01:19
bvapp1_WINDOWSUpdate.log
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators ????????   27394 Apr  3 10:03
bvapp1_asr.log

DIR="cygdrive/e/wsus/group_1a_DEV"

for t in `cat $DIR/1group_1a_dev_clientlist.out`

Does this "1group_1a_dev_clientlist.out" file exist in the DIR? I didn't notice it in your directory listing there

It was I have moved it as I continue to have problems with varibles but only in functions and for loops. Everything works fine from the command line but not from within loops or functions??