Re: what does -mwindows mean?

wei wrote:

> Thanks very much!You have helped me twice.
>
> I can't get any help from google about -mwindows.So you are better than google.;)
>
> Best wishes!

Glad to be of help.

I find it very useful to restrict Google to just the mailing list
archives.  The link to the prior reply that I posted was found in about
20 seconds with a google for [site:cygwin.com inurl:ml "-mwindows"
"-mconsole"], and it was around the 14th hit.  I find this a very
powerful way to find past information on the mailing list.  You can even
whittle it down to a specific year e.g. [inurl:2005] or by excluding old
stuff e.g. [-inurl:1997 -inurl:1998 -inurl:1999 -inurl:2000].  (And most
of the time you do want to avoid archived posts that are more than ~5
years old unless you are somewhat familiar with the subject, or else you
might misinterpret ancient info as still being current.)

Brian