Re: Fw: help win winxp install

Dave Korn wrote:
On 10 January 2007 01:43, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

It's not old code but gcc is a long time package.  Looks like it
incorrectly picked up cygintl-3.dll for cc1.exe the last time it was
built.  But looking at the setup.hint files, it correctly says that it
depends on it.  So if you were installing gcc, you would get the libintl3
package if it existed on the mirror you chose.

I do notice, however, that gcc has a dependency on cygintl-8.dll but
doesn't show the dependency in the setup.hint file.  Dave, can you review
this and see if the setup.hint files need to be updated?

I should probably roll a fresh release that consistently uses -8 throughout, but that would mean finding out what caused autotools to pick different libintl versions when I built the thing, so I'll fix the setup.hint files shortly as a stop-gap.

Thanks Dave. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746