This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can't start sshd
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:40:10 -0000
- Subject: Re: can't start sshd
- References: <459FF3A5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Charles D. Russell (Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:08:21 -0600)
> After a clean reinstall of cygwin from the web and copying my old HOME
> directory to the new installation, I can no longer start sshd. Messages
> are as follows:
> $ net start sshd
> The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
> The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.
> The service did not report an error.
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
> $ cygrunsrv -S sshd
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
> The service has not been started.
Check the event log and /var/log/ssh*
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html