This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upgrade advice for end users
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 21:25:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: upgrade advice for end users
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:49:14 -0800 (PST)
2. Replace /bin/make.exe with http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe .
The new version of make can't handle colons, so replace the new version with
an old make that can handle colons.
The binary of Make at that URL is not an old version, it's the same
latest version 3.81 of Make with a patch applied that makes it support
DOS-style file names with drive letters.
And once that version stabilizes, lo-and-behold, it will become the next
release of make on Cygwin. Who would've thought? ;-) fschmidt should
really be more thorough when researching the history of a previously
discussed issue before making bold proclamations about handling such
issues and the directions Cygwin should be heading in.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html