Hi Larry,

Oh, I get it. Thanks a lot.
Have a nice holiday season!

Koichi

On 12/18/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
Koichi Yamaguchi wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> Thank you. It worked.
> Now I figured out that if a folder, in which cygwin will be installed,
> doesn't include SYSTEM user permission, installation program
> cannot set appropriate attribute to symbolic links automatically.

That's a "feature" of Windows which can be disabled. If you bring up the properties tabs for the parent directory and disable inheritance of permissions on the permissions tab, you won't see this behavior. An alternative is just what you did.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746