Re: bash longjmp issue

Hi again,

Sorry about the lack of background info. Let's try to correct it. I've
attached the cygcheck output  and realized that there is a series of
"not found" that includes bash. Also, I was unfortunately not able to
reproduce a problem on another sytem.

When double clicking on the cygwin icon (or launching bash --login -i
from the windows command line), the window hangs blank for 5 minutes
and then disappear. In the case of the windows command line, after a
few minutes it outputs the following error reported earlier:

C:\cygwin\bin>bash.exe --login -i
C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] bash 3376 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe:
***fatal error -  WFSO timed out after longjmp

There is a few related records in the Windows Application Event Viewer:
- Faulting application id.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
cygwin1.dll, version 1005.22.0.0, fault address 0x0000365f.
- Faulting application cygrunsrv.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
cygwin1.dll, version 1005.22.0.0, fault address 0x0000365f.

Also, when I try to start manually a service such as inetd or exim,
the error is:
- The CYGWIN inetd service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 2 time(s).
- The exim service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 2 time(s).

I hope this is a bit more precise. Thanks you.
Kevin

On 12/17/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
K Kafka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been looking around for a possible cause for my problem with
> bash. I left a "tail -f" running for a few days. When I came back,
> none of the service would run anymore (cygsrv, exim, sshd). After a
> bit of researching I've come accross quite a few posts but nothing
> concrete.
>
> It seems that bash.exe is crashing with a WFSO longjmp error after the
> 5min timeout. Preventing everything else. From some posts, it seems it
> could be coming from a device (webcam) or a software such as the
> anti-virus. I have almost nothing installed on this machine aside from
> MySQL and Tomcat5. Its a Xeon server running Windows 2003 server.
>
> Here is the actual error for bash.
> C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] bash 3376 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: ***
> fatal error -  WFSO timed out after longjmp
>
> Some people have been suggesting to try a rebaseall. Same thing
> happens, I get two errors, a fhandler_base::fork_fixup immediately and
> an WFSO longjmp error after 5 min.
>
> Here are the errors:
> C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] ash 1328 fhandler_base::fork_fixup:
> /bin/rebaseall - Win32 error 5, handle io_handle<0x0>
>
> C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] ash 1856 C:\cygwin\bin\ash.exe: *** fatal
> error - WFSO timed out after longjmp
>
> I've also updated cygwin to the latest version and reinstalled bash
> and cygsrv. No changes, same errors.
>
> If someone has an idea, please let me know. I'm at a loss and can't
> figure what to do next.

Let's start here:

> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

You've given us some information about what you see and when but we're missing allot of specifics about your configuration and a possible test case (or cases). I'd recommend any follow-up posting to this list contain the additional information outlined at the above web page.

Holliston, MA 01746