This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.22: Man pages show escape codes
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:58:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.22: Man pages show escape codes
- References: <BAY12-F24B8F40AA124E4AD96E7F0BFE50@phx.gbl>
Joe Asdf wrote:
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for fixing this, I'd appreciate
it! Attached is the output from cygcheck.
I ran into this problem today, too -- I'm not sure what changed (updated
man package?), but I've long had the following in my ~/.bashrc:
It seems that now, this environment variable overrides the setting in
I fixed the problem by (1) leaving the PAGER setting in ~/.bashrc, but
(2) ALSO setting MANPAGER in ~/.bashrc
export MANPAGER='less -isrR'
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html