Re: SCSI tape - device is missing

Okay, I got it to work. Sort of.
The SCSI tape device (Wangtek 6130HS) had a question mark in device manager. Apparently Windows didn't know what it was, even though it recognized it as a sequential SCSI device that was working properly. I had to reinstall the driver as tape, 4mm DAT, in order for Windows to create the tape0 device name.
Maybe this should be an FAQ.

However, for some reason tar tvf /dev/st0 accesses the tape for a few seconds and returns, but nothing is printed to STDOUT. It just returns. The tapes were created with GTAK under OS/2, and were still readable recently.
Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Meir