This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: more serial ports
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:27:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: more serial ports
- References: <20061006132226.GA13704@flixx.linux.bogus>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 6 14:22, ahnkle wrote:
> I have more that 9 serial ports on my machine, some real, some virtual.
> When I recently tried to open /dev/ttyS21 it failed. Is this :
> some inbuilt limit?
Yes, Cygwin only allows /dev/ttyS0 up to /dev/ttyS15 so far. I raised
the limit to 63 in CVS, as for pseudo terminals.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html