This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lyx has problem with network directory names
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:19:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: lyx has problem with network directory names
- References: <20061004190525.GA18950@panix.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Arnstein wrote:
I just tried to use the Cygwin port of lyx. It cannot cope with my
home directory, which appears as //fs-sj1-15/darnstein in Cygwin. This
is a network directory, obviously.
When lyx starts up, it emits a complaint
QSettings: error creating /fs-sj1-15/darnstein/.qt
When I try to save a lyx document to my home directory, lyx complains
when it presents its file browser dialog box. It says
Could not read directory /fs-sj1-15
It appears that lyx is trying to access the root directory (/). It
does not seem to know how to interpret the Windows syntax "//."
So mounting the share should work-around this issue, right?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html