RE: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

On 14 August 2006 23:51, John W. Eaton wrote:

> A recap, as I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong):

  [  snip perfectly accurate summary as far as I can see  ]

> This whole problem could be solved if the people who are complaining
> about the Cygwin version of GNU Make directed their efforts toward
> getting a patch accepted in the GNU Make sources that handles MS-DOS
> style filenames when GNU Make is compiled for Cygwin.  Then there
> would be no need to maintain a separate patch just for the Cygwin
> package of GNU Make.
>
> Or am I missing something?

  The increasingly obvious fact that the aforementioned people have no
intention of actually *doing* anything, and seem to want to do nothing except
complain and tell others what they ought to be doing, rather than actually
getting something done?  Or even just rolling back their installation to
3.80-1?  (*Nobody* has yet said "I needed to upgrade to the new version
because I ran into a bug in 3.80 that was fixed in 3.81")

    cheers,
      DaveK