Re: crashes with various programs

On Aug  8 10:08, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Hi
>
> pstree also crashes for me after running cygwin for quite a while.
> I usually startup X, 3 rxvt windows and xemacs. In the beginning pstree
> works just fine, but from a certain point in time it starts crashing.
> As soon as pstree shows this behaviour, I see the following when typing
> ps -ef:
>
>    vzell    3944    1576   ?    Aug  7 <defunct>
>    vzell     128    3944   0    Aug  5 /usr/bin/bash
>    vzell    2204    4860   ?  16:00:21 <defunct>
>    vzell    2200    2204   1    Aug  5 /usr/bin/bash
>    vzell     256    1328   ?    Aug  6 <defunct>
>    vzell    3572     256   2    Aug  5 /usr/bin/bash
>
> The rxvt processes seem to be defunct, also i can still working in them.
> When typing exit in either one of the rxvt windows, they hang.

I've uploaded a new psmisc-21.5-3 package.  When the package hits the
mirrors, can you test if pstree from 21.5-3 still crashes in that
situation?  I think I found a bug which could be the cause for the SEGV,
but I couldn't reproduce it so far.  The potential bug should be fixed
in psmisc-21.5-3, nevertheless.

Corinna

Red Hat