This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin copy problems usb 2.0
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:17:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin copy problems usb 2.0
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
when running a little program using CopyFile() under cygwin it is about as
quick as totalcommander. so it must be the abstraction layer of cygwin which
makes copying veeeery slow...
Not necessarily. To draw that conclusion, you would want to compare the
implementation of 'cp' compiled natively ('gcc -mno-cygwin' for example)
with Cygwin's and your little program. Only if the natively compiled
version performed much closer to your program using CopyFile() could you
conclude that Cygwin is to blame.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html