This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: query of installed apps on remote Winows
- From: Dave <kilroyd at googlemail dot com>
- To: Richard Foulk <richard at skydive1 dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:00:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: query of installed apps on remote Winows
- References: <200607160101.k6G116L3030832@sd.skydive1.com>
Richard Foulk wrote:
Anyone know how the control-panel->Add/Remove-Programs facility works?
Not particularly cygwin specific, and comprehensively covered at
Microsofts site. Anyway, here's some basic info.
Each program needing an uninstall item has a key in:
Is this something that might be supported by existing cygwin tools?
Personally, I'd leave installing/uninstalling of non-cygwin apps to
windows. Can you imagine the queries coming to this list?
- I couldn't uninstall notepad!
- Executing random uninstaller broke my system! Why did cygwin allow that?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html