This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: install cygwin in windows xp sp1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:57:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: install cygwin in windows xp sp1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:07:31AM -0700, truelies wrote:
>I am new to cygwin. I want to install it in windows xp sp1, but I can find
>the home dictionary, use pwd, it's \cygdrive\r, any way to change it to
>C:\Cygwin\Home\username? Thank you!
Sorry. Cygwin emulates Linux. Linux doesn't use path names like
If you don't want to use the type of posix path names that Linux employs
then maybe you shouldn't be using Cygwin.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html